Sunday, February 19, 2012

Ok, Ladies and Gentlemen.  Here we go.  This is my first official blog!  So...

     Welcome to The Southern Soapbox!  I'm a coastie from south Mississippi!  I've been hoping and planning to eventually get this thing going for a while now.  My good buddy Kyle has been blogging for many years now and has inspired me.  Hopefully, I won't disappoint.
     First of all, you may be wondering,"Why The Southern Soapbox?"  Well, Mirriam-Webster Online defines Soapbox as "an improvised platform used by a self-appointed, spontaneous, or informal orator."  Blogger is my platform and I'm the informal orator.  Southern, because we're in the south, the DEEP South.  The, because this is THE Southern Soapbox.  Are you ready people?!
     Second of all, I will offer a firm DISCLAIMER!  This blog is for entertainment and informative purposes only!  I will attempt to give tried and true how-to's, reviews, thoughtless banter, and theories to make you think.  I'm going to be brash and direct.  I'll even venture to predict some blogs will be vulgar and rude.  Of course, that will be less of the time.  I'll do my best to be politically and religiously unbiased.  All in all, I'm shooting for a good read for you all.
     So, the plan is... I'm going to do the best I can to keep up with a daily or every few day post.  I'll get a daily topic week list together and publish.  Nice talking to you all.

As for now, That's all folks.

mc

No comments:

Post a Comment